ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Marker Transparency

Hi again,

I tried searching, but couldn't find an answer. Is there any way to set the transparency of a marker?  Marker.Opacity doesn't seem to do anything, as well as using SetValue(Marker.opacity, value). Just curious!  Thanks very much

Hi, Dustin

I have tried to set opacity of marker in the two ways using ClickEventOnMarker sample show as below:
marker.SetValue(Marker.OpacityProperty, (object)0.8);
marker.Opacity = 0.8;
And it works as expected. Also I have checked that property and we have used Template Binding to pull out the Opacity from UIElement to marker template.
So please provide us the scenario of yours? Maybe you can get the latest auto build(4.0.114.0 or later) and give it a try and I am not sure whether it’s bug that has been fixed.
If you have any additional questions, please let us know.
Thanks,
Khalil

Thank you Khalil.  I guess I was expecting the value to be between 0 and 100l or 0 and 255, not a decimal.  I’ll work with the info you have given me, sorry for the nuisance.   
 -Dustin

Hi, Dustin

The opacity property is a standard property in UIElement class of Silverlight. You can get full detail description from msdn for it.
“A value between 0 and 1.0 that declares the opacity factor, with 1.0 meaning full opacity and 0 meaning transparent. The default value is 1.0.”
So you can’t set it between 0 and 100 or 0 and 255. Hope it help you.
If have additional questions about it, please let us know.
Thanks,
Khalil