ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Migrating from MapInfo MapX

Hi,

I'm doing a test where an Oracle table is used as data source for a Map Suite layer.  This table has a column whose type is sdo_geometry, which is an Oracle Spatial object type.  This information was originally used by an application that displays maps in a MapInfo MapX control.

I reviewed the SQL query that is generated by Map Suite when getting data from Oracle Spatial, based on this query I conclude that Map Suite assumes that the standard Oracle Spatial metainfo table (USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA) is filled with all the geodata columns, in my DB, this table is empty.  I need to fill this table in order to test Map Suite with the existing data.

I'm looking for a way to fill USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA with the correct data.  Two possibilities I've thought of are generating the data from the tables that contain the geo data or obtaining the data from the proprietary metadata table used by MapInfo MapX (mapinfo_mapcatalog).  Have you faced a situation like this before?

Thanks,

César

Please check the answer at gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/36/aft/10145/afv/topic/Default.aspx#31555

Thanks, 
 Johnny