ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Moving licenses

Hello,

I was wondering if there's a way to move a license from one machine to another.  I am in the process of setting up a new computer as my main development machine and will no longer be using the machine my current licence is on. I also have licences for the Services and Web versions, but I figured this was as good a place as any to start.

Thanks very much!

-Dustin

Dustin,

First you need to uninstall the SilverlightEdtion from current machine, and then you can install it to another machine with the same license. You can do the same for Services and WebEdition.
Thanks,
James

So,is there  no need to resubmit the registration with the builder tool?

-Dustin

Dustin, 

No, you don’t need to resubmit the registration.  

The builder tool is used for two ways, one is when your machine is offline but you still want to install our product on it, you need to generate a request file after install and send to support@thinkgeo.com, he will send back the license file; the other one is when you use evaluation product and it become expired, so you can do the similar way to expand the date. 

Thanks, 
 James 

Thanks James. Back in one of the old versions of the Web Suite I remember having to do something with the builder, so I wanted to make sure my bases were covered for as simple a transition as possible.   
 -Dustin

Dustin, 

I think you don’t need to use builder tool, just go ahead move your licenses. 

Thanks, 
 James