ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Multicolumn Legend

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to have multiple columns in a LegendAdornmentLayer? We potentially have quite a lot of items to add to the legend and the single column style does not always work well on the map, so sometimes something shorter and wider with 2 or 3 columns would fit better.

If not would overriding the LegendAdornmentLayer work? and is it easy to place the items in different configurations? Or do you think allowing the user to add multiple separate LegendAdornmentLayers would work better?

Regards,
Jonathan

Hey @Jonathan3,

Are you trying to do something like this:

You should just be able to set the width of the LegendAdornmentLayer and it will add another column if the height isn’t enough to hold all items. Unless maybe I’m missing something in your request?

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi Kyle,

That does look like the right outcome. Andre is trying it out and initially it did not appear to work, but made some changes and it is behaving more like you say now. We will need to have a closer look but maybe some custom code we already use might be interacting in some way.

Regards,
Jonathan

Hey @Jonathan3,

Might be. The other thing I can think of is maybe one of the legend items’ text was really long and made it appear not to work at first?

Thanks,
Kyle