ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

MVVM / Prism pattern for map control

Hi,
I have sent a sample to support@thinkgeo.com to upload it to ftp, for the following problem i am facing. 

We are using the MVVM or the Prism pattern for our application.

In this sample we are receiving updates(Camera updates) from MapUpdates.cs files (using timer) and displaying this updates on Map. 
These updates we are first receiving in MapModel.cs and then passing to MapViewModel.cs.
MapViewModel.cs has reference of MainPage.xaml (View) which is hosting the map control.
In MapViewModel.cs, we are doing following operations:

1. Adding LayerOverlay to map

3. Adding  MemoryFeaturelayer to LayerOverlay

5. Adding ValueStyle to display camera status

Whenever we receive any update we process it in UpdateReceived() handler, update the feature ColumnValues and then refresh the layer

We want to follow Model-View-ViewModel(MVVM) pattern suggested by PRISM and CAL(Composite Application Library) for this scenario.
So, we do not want to pass view reference(MainPage) to MapViewModel and also avoid code behind for MainPage.Xaml by using binding in xaml file.

Can you please suggest how can we achive this.

Thanks,

Krithika

Krithika, 

We got your sample; while we are working on some new projects and everyone is busy recently, so we will check it out tomorrow and let you know the result. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Krithika,

I got your sample, but you are using 3rd part controls and it cannot run on my machine. But I made another sample for you which indicates how to use MVVM with MapSuite Silverlight Edition. It's a quite simple sample and you can write any logic into the ViewModel with my template. Please have a try and let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Howard

Post7682.zip (16 KB)