ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Need help with image provider (GeoTif)

Hi,

I am working with a company that provides drone imagery to one of our clients. The drone captures images in JPEG format. The images are then processed into GeoTifs for use in our application. The problem is that the provided GeoTifs will not display with the GeoTiffRasterLayer. If we can tell the image provider what type of GeoTif to provide (compression, color scheme, whatever) they might be able to process the images into something that will work.

Can you provide me with some details about GeoTifs that are known to always work with the GeoTiffRaster layer? Our client needs to be able to display this imagery in our application and we don’t have a solution for them.

I have placed one of the GeoTif images on the ftp site so you can have a look. The file name is ProjectName_Orthomosaic_export.zip.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your data, our developer will look into it after back from vacation, I think it should be next Tuesday.

We don’t have a list for supported detail geotiff type, in fact our class should support parse and render most types of geotiff (don’t contains special type for example BigTiff). And if one file cannot render correct, the most possible reason is maybe there is a bug. So our developer need research it and make sure whether it’s a new type or a bug.

For your scenario, if the customer provide JPEG format, do you think it’s possible to directly render it via other layer for example NativeImage instead of convert to GeoTiff first?

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Steve,

Our developer double checked this problem today.

As below is the update:

We support the tiff file if it follow TIFF 6.0 Specification, here I found a topic about it: http://www.libtiff.org/support.html

Your uploaded file should be supported, so it looks that’s a bug in our logic.

Our developer will work on it and solve it.

Any update I will let you know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Steve,

Our developer had fixed this issue, you should want to test it with our latest package today.

Please let us know whether it works for you.

Regards,

Ethan