ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Need to display tags for a feature

Hi

We have developed our application based on the sample Feature->Refresh Points Randomly.

In this case we also want to display tags/labels for each moving point .

Could you please provide the solution for that.

Thanks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Sunil

Hi, Sunil

You mean that you want to add custom label data on the feature? If it’s true and please use the Text Style and FeatureSourceColumn to implement your requirements. Please refer to the attached codes. I modified the “Refresh Points Randomly” sample and add some necessary codes.

Thanks,

Khalil

RefreshRandomPoints.txt (8.55 KB)

Hi, Sunil

If you want to handler so many point features like the “Refresh Points Randomly” sample and also you want to show labels for all of these features, there is one thing left for to do, add the two line codes below to your text style definition:
            pointsLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle.DuplicateRule = LabelDuplicateRule.UnlimitedDuplicateLabels;
            pointsLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle.OverlappingRule = LabelOverlappingRule.AllowOverlapping;

Also you can change the properties set on the TextStyle object and to see what happens. 

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Thanks,

Khalil

Hi khalil, 
 Thanks for the solution. 
 I added TextStyle after referring your sample and it worked. 
 Could you please explain me what is the effect of these two instructions, which you replied in your second reply: 
    pointsLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle.DuplicateRule = LabelDuplicateRule.UnlimitedDuplicateLabels; 
    pointsLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultTextStyle.OverlappingRule = LabelOverlappingRule.AllowOverlapping; 

Thanks 
 -Sunil 

Hi, Sunil

If you want to know more about these two properties, and I suggest that you refer to the Map Suite Silverlight API Documentation which has a more detailed description for that.

If you still have any questions about it, please let us know.

Thanks,

Khalil