ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

No default.aspx File

I'm just getting started and trying to go through the quick start guide. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 and Silverlight 5 with the trial version of Mapsuite 5.5. I follow the steps, but once my project has been created there is no default.aspx.

If I name my application "SilverlightApplication1", there is a test page called "SilverlightApplication1TestPage.aspx", but is has no cs file associated with it.

It looks like I need that default.aspx file in order to use the product at all. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello Russell, 

Welcome to use MapSuite. for this question, you just need add a web form and rename to default.aspx. 

You can right click your HelloWorld.web project —>add—> new item—>web form. 

Please feel free to let us know your queries. 

Regards, 

Gary

I have tried that, but then once I start the program I just get a white page. None of the controls I’ve added will appear.

Hello Russell,

You can try the attached sample and compare with yours, see if you can find any difference.

Regards,

Gary

HelloWorld_Silverlight_CSharp.zip (17.9 KB)

I was able to figure it out by checking the two files default.aspx files against each other. 

When I dragged the SilverlightMapConnector onto the default.aspx page, it didn’t fill out the source property automatically. Once I manually filled that in, my page loaded just fine.

Hello Russell, 

I’m glad it’s working now, please feel free to let us know your problems. 

Regards, 

Gary