ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Object Reference exception when Map hosted in a docking panel

Hi Guys,

We get the following exception whenever we try to use Map.Overlays.Add(layer) if the silverlight map component is hosted in any form of docking window or panel. We have tried both Telerik RADDocking and Divelments SandDock and get the same results.

"Unhandled Error in Silverlight 2 Application Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.x480aa454f4d47e8f.xa1970d519f6ad4cb()\n at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.x480aa454f4d47e8f.InsertItem(Int32 index, Overlay item)\n at System.Collections.ObjectModel.Collection`1.Add(T item)\n at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.GeoCollection`1.Add(String key, T item)\n at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.GeoCollection`1.Add(T item)\n at Boris.Page.Page_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)\n at System.Windows.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(Int32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)\n at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, String eventName)"

Any thoughts whether this is a fundamental problem with the map control or maybe the way in which we are using it?

Rgds

Graeme

Graeme, 

Thanks for reporting this bug that working with the other controls. I fixed it when I recreate. I think our map control becomes much more compatible in the future.  

This fix will be integrated in the next public release; If you need a temporary version which is not full tested, please ask support@thinkgeo.com for it. 

Any questions please let me know. 

Thanks, 
 Howard