ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Online Demo Coming?

Thanks for the release.

Quick Question...

Can we expect a demo hosted on your site at some point? The "view online demo" link currently points to the Web Edition samples.

Brendan,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we only have evaluation version for now and we’ll publish the online demo with the full version after making some improvements. Still please keep an eye on our web site and any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for reporting.

Howard

Brendan,

I noticed the online demos are up on their site now at:

silverlightsamples.thinkgeo.com/

Thanks!

Thanks for reminding, Clint! 

Ben

Only saw the post now, thanks for that (been off mapping for a while). 

Not sure if it’s just me, but the initial load is way too slow, and takes forever to load tiles. I’m getting much better results from codeplex.com/deepearth. Perhaps there’s a lot of overhead with the editing, but i’m not sure the performance is up to scratch. Panning is slow, drawing shapes is slow. Drawing shapes should be client task that does not involve network traffic, so I can’t imagine that’s playing a role. Silverlight can do better.  

Thanks for the demo though.

Brendan, 

You are right. There are some performance issues in Beta 1 and we will release Beta 2 maybe tomorrow with this problem solved. We will update the online demo to Beta 2 and I’m sure you will see the performance difference easily. Also please download and have a try if you are intrested. 

Thanks, 

Ben

Thanks Ben

Brendan, 

The new version is ready, maybe you can download it today:) 

Ben