It works as a workaround, but is it possible to incorporate the fix in the next release? I believe that other people would be interested in the same fix…
Anyway, there is a same issue when I’m trying to pre-generate map tiles using CacheGenerator example for OSM.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I will enter it to our internal issue tracking system to see if there will be a better and smooth solution for it, hope it can be fixed in next release.
For pre-generate map tiles using CacheGenerator of OSM, I guess this should be caused by WrapDateline, because the OpenStreetMapLayer doesn’t support WrapDateLine, I guess this should be a miss in Map Suite, to cache the tiles across the WrapDateLine, please use the TileCache of LayerOverlay instead.
I think it means we enable the TileCache property on the LayerOverlay in your application and then generate the tiles on the fly. Like Johnny mentioned above, we will try to fix the white line around the dateline issue.
In my project I need an option to pre-generate tiles based on OpenStreetMap, simply generating tiles on the fly does not help me. Is there any workaround I can make until you fix the issue on your side?
Just as I mentioned earlier, I guess we are unable to use the TileCacheGenerator to create the tile cache around the WrapDateLine, the workaround is using the code as following to create the tile caches around WrapDateLine: