I am having a couple of issues getting optimizations to work, I am hoping it is just something I’m doing wrong and/or related to the data I’m using. I am extremely interested is getting this product to work as it meets all of my company’s requirements.
Here is what I’ve done so far:
- Downloaded 2 test .SHP files from OSM. One for Ontario, Canada, and another for the state of Missouri.
- I used the Routing Explorer tool to create “Routable” .SHP files, and then used the Routable .SHP files to create .RTG files.
- I modified the TSP samples of the “Routing_Desktop_HowDoI” solution to use my new SHP and RTG files, and added my own waypoints to test the optimizations.
The issues I am having:
- The optimized results do not have all the original waypoints in it. For example if I optimize a route that has 20 stops via the GetRoute method, the routingResult.OrderedStops collection only has 15 stops in it.
- The optimization is all over the place. Even if I bump the iterations up to 100,000 the order they are optimized in makes no sense. This happened for both Ontario and Missouri:
Thanks in advance!