ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Out Of Browser (OOB) Support

Hi All,

Am I correct in thinking that OOB support is still not available in v5?

We have an application that really requires this functionality and with the OOB enhancements in Silverlight 4 and more to come in 5 this is going to become a serious weakness of this edition.

Regards

Graeme

Graeme,  

Here we have a link about OOB. I think OOB is supportted by our SL version.  

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/28/aft/8813/afv/topic/Default.aspx 

Regards,  

Don

Don, 

Thanks for the post, I had seen that thread but thought it relate to just getting some feedback. If you are saying that OOB is supported, then I think there is a problem with it. 

Using your C# samples, you first have to remove the top 6 lines of code from Page_Loaded in Page.xaml.cs to avoid any reference to HtmlPage, but you can then try running it Out Of Browser.  This results in the following error:- 

{System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type ‘ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Map’ that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. [Line: 8 Position: 38] —> System.InvalidOperationException: The DOM/scripting bridge is disabled. 
    at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.VerifyThreadAndEnabled() 
    at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.get_Document() 
    at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Map.FxQ=() 
    at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Map…ctor() 
    — End of inner exception stack trace — 
    at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator) 
    at CSharp_Samples.DisplayASimpleMap.InitializeComponent() 
    at CSharp_Samples.DisplayASimpleMap…ctor()} 

with an Inner Exception of:- 

{System.InvalidOperationException: The DOM/scripting bridge is disabled. 
      at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.VerifyThreadAndEnabled() 
      at System.Windows.Browser.HtmlPage.get_Document() 
      at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Map.FxQ=() 
    at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.Map…ctor()} 

Again the references to HtmlPage suggests to me that OOB is not supported.  I don’t claim to be an expert in this, but I didn’t think you can access HtmlPage unless you are running within a browser. 

Await your comments. 

Rgds 
 Graeme

Graeme, 

I am sorry for my negligence of your question. 

I just make sure OOB things with our developer, our SL edition don’t support OOB feature and maybe won’t implement that for some time after. 

Regards, 

Don

Thanks Don, 

That confirms what I thought and I must say somewhat disappointing news.  It will have an adverse affect on the functionality we can offer in our application. 

Regards 
 Graeme

Graeme,

I jump into and let you know we have a enhancement tracker system, you can access at helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/EnhancementTracker

It already includes item for "Add Out-Of-Browser (OOB) support.", you can search to find it.

You can vote it up to make it more popluar so that the prority will be higher that we will implement first.

Thanks,

James