I am upgrading our WPF desktop application from v9 to v10.4. I noticed that our application is crashing with an OutOfMemory exception when drawing a line in the TrackInteractiveOverlay. I upgraded to the beta v11.0 and had the same issue. I then downgraded to v10.3 and I stopped getting the OutOfMemory exceptions.
I was able to reproduce the issue by creating a test application that only contains the Track and Edit Shapes sample from the How Do I application. The issue seems to be with the size of the application window. If the application window is small everything is fine. But as the application window gets larger the amount of memory used when drawing the line shoots way up and quickly crashes with an OutOfMemory exception.
Use the following steps to reproduce the issue:
- Start the application on a monitor with a minimum resolution of 1920x1080
- Maximize the application window
- Click the Line tool button
- Click in the application window to start drawing the line
- Move the mouse around the application window
The faster you move the mouse the faster the memory usage increases
I have included 3 versions of the test application for the different versions of ThinkGeo I tested: