ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

OverlayDrawing /OverlayDrawn events?

Hi,

I'm looking for something like the Overlay.Drawn and the Overlay.Drawing event in the SL version of MapSuite.

Actually, I would like to start a progressbar when the drawing of the background in my MapControl begins, and stop it when the rawing stops.

Do those events exists ? Or is there another way to do that ?

Thanks,

Guillaume.

Guillaume, 

I am sorry to say that we don’t support this feature right now; we have added this to task lists, maybe we will add it to the next public release products edition. Another thing is that user still couldn’t implemnt this requirement even though we have added these events, that’s because we request the tile images in the asynchronization mode, so users don’t know when the tile image will be back. 

Any more question please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Johnny

Johnny, 

Ok, so if I understand good, there is no way to implement such a progressbar when loading tiles yet ?  

Thanks, 
 Guillaume. 

Hi, Guillaume 

I am sorry to say that there is no way to implement it right now. In fact, in our SilverlightEdition product we use image control to render tile image, so we don’t know the accurate time when tile image renders, and for performance reason, we don’t support it now. Maybe we will support it in the next public released version. 

Thanks, 

Khalil 

Guillaume, 

We have added a community project to show how to add a progressbar for indicating the progress of layer loading. You can get it from code.thinkgeo.com/projects/show/useprogressbar

Thanks, 

Johnny