ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Panning WMS Overlay in SingleTile mode

I'm using the Silverlight Edition to view a WMS service which is charged by the number of image requests made.  Therefore I prefer to use SingleTile mode rather than MultipleTiles.  The problem I have is that when panning the map with the mouse, a wms request is fired on every mouse movement, rather then when the mouse is released.

I can see the benefit behind sending a wms request when part of the map is blank when in multiple tile mode but in single tile mode I'd rather just have the one request when I've finished panning.  

Is it possible to override this current behaviour?

Regards

Gary

Gary, 

It should be the way as you wanted. If it sends request even when the mouse is released, it’s a bug. As I tested with the latest version, it only sends request when mouse up. Could you provide me the file version of the Silverlight.DLL? or is there any special code in your application? 

Thanks for reporting, 
 Howard

Thanks Howard, 

You are right, I get the behaviour I expect when using your WMS sample in single tile mode so it must be something in my code causing this.  I’ll track it down and report back. 

Cheers 

Gary

Howard,

I think I've narrowed this down.  If I use these settings with my wms service:

Map1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree

wmsOverlay.Projection = "EPSG:4326"

then I get the expected behaviour where the image is only requested on mouse up.

However if i use:

Map1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.Meter

wmsOverlay.Projection = "EPSG:28356"

then the image is requested on every mouse movement when panning.

This is with no other code of mine included (I had thought that using extent changed was the culprit) and version 3.0.382.0.

What behaviour do you get when using a projected wms service?

Gary

Gary, 

It’s a bug in our latest public release which is fixed. It’s caused by the accuracy issue in the Meter Unit. So if you want to evaluate our temporary version; please contact support@thinkgeo.com on Monday. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks, 
 Howard