ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Pdf with Google Maps snapshot

Hi,

I tried yesterday to use the Services Edition to generate a pdf with a Google Map layer and a shape on the google map. I reviewed the sample code from the printing capability section and based on that I tried to create a sample.

I was receiving an exception when calling Draw on the MapPrintLayer. It seemed that the issue was occuring in the GoogleMapLayer which was added to the MapPrintLayer.

Long story short: Can you provide me a sample code that generates a pdf  with a google map and a shape on it? If not, I will elaborate on the exception here.

Thanks ThinkGeo! your support is awesome!

Hi Marius,

Thanks for your post, below are several ways you can print a Pdf from map with service edition.

·         If you want to get a full map with all layers, you can just save the bitmap which the MapEngine have drawn all the layers on it. Like this

private void DrawImage()
        {
            mapEngine.OpenAllLayers();
            mapEngine.DrawStaticLayers(bitmap, GeographyUnit.Meter);
            mapEngine.DrawDynamicLayers(bitmap, GeographyUnit.Meter);
            mapEngine.CloseAllLayers();

Map.Image = bitmap;
            bitmap.Save("your pdf file path");
        }

·         With the help of PdfGeoCanvas. I created a sample attached “PrintMap.zip” which is using it with your scenario and I think you are interesting on it.

·         With the help of  MapPrinterLayer which you are using. But you said you encountered an exception when using the GooleMapLayer. I am wonder if the exception message is like “The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.” When try to get the tile from Google server? If yes, it is caused by an free unlicenced user, a similar post you can find  from here. If not, please support us more details.

Hope those would be useful.

Regards,

Gary

PrintMap.zip (12.2 KB)

Thanks Gary, 

the sample helped us a lot and we were able to make it work.

Hello Marius, 

You are welcome! Please feel free to let us know if you meet problem. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi, Gary.

Thank you for sharing this sample. I am a green hand on processing PDF files, especially by using CODE.

A few days before, I wanted generate PDF files with the free tolls online, but only found that they do not have so many professional functions.

So I am testing the related SDKs these days, and just as Marius said, I believe your sharing will be helpful.

I will try it later. Thanks for that again.

Hi Arron, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to MapSuite World. 

I hope gary’s sample could be helpful, and if you have any more question , please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards 

Summer