Hello,
I've a question regarding resolution :
When I work with a small resolution (up to 800x600), the performances of the WpfControl are really good. The panning is efficient, when I soom in with shift, the rectangle that is drawn is quick, ...
But when I set my application to fuul screen (1600x1200), then the navigation becomes very slower. I understand that bigger maps have to be loaded from server, but why is panning so slow ? I mean : when I pan, the picture take about 1 second to follow my mouse move. And when I want to zoom to an extent (with shift key), the rectangle takes about 1 second to be drawn. (I mean only the rectangle to select the area I want to zoom in).
Can I do something to improve that ?
Here are someinformations about my configuration for Mapsuite :
- Multithreading is activated
- IsBase = false
- background is GeoTiff maps
- client tiles cache is activated (128x128 png files)
Many thanks,
Guillaume.
Hello again,
I just tested your Map Suite explorer with my GeoTiff maps, and those fnuctions (panning, zoom to extent), are really quick. Loading the picture takes a while, of course, but when I pan, the map follows my mouse, and the rectangle don’t take a while to be drawn.
I must be doing something wrong, but what ? I tried to disable multithreading, but I still have the same problems.
Guillaume.
Hello again again,
I’ve just shown that some other posts deal with the same problems… I hope this will be solved as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Guillaume.
Hello Guillaume,
We can recreate your problem, but we can not solve this problem immediately because it’s a complex issue.
We have created a Gemini issue for it, we will plan to work on it before next release.
If we solve it, I will let you know and send you a temporary package.
Thanks.
James
Hello James,
I'll wait for next release then.
Thanks anyway for your answer,
Guillaume.
You’re welcome Guillaume.
James