ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

PersonalGeoDatabaseFeatureLayer

We have a personal db file (.mdb extension) that I need to pull information from and build an overlay to display on the map. The database has categories and then tables in each category.  I’ve tried looking at the sample “LoadGeoDatabaseFeatureLayer” but even the sample will not display the overlay.  Errors include “Could not find MapSuiteFDOExetension.dll assembly” and also “Object reference not set to an instance of object.” I am showing the same errors in my map.  Below is some of the code from my project.

mdbFile = file path to the mdb file

columnId = column name within the table

tableName = name of the table

subName = name of subcategory within the mdbfile which holds the tableName // not being used, not sure where to use if at all.

PersonalGeoDatabaseFeatureLayer lyrParcelLayer = new PersonalGeoDatabaseFeatureLayer(mdbFile, colmumnId, null, tableName);

Hi Chad, 

It looks you failed to reference the dll like FdoExtension. 

You can find it in the path like this: MvcEditionFull9.0.135.0DllPackage\Managed Assemblies\Spatial Extensions\Fdo Extension 

Regards, 

Don

Actually the project is referenced to the following:

Program Files (x86)\ThinkGeo\Map Suite 9.0\Map Suite MVC\Daily Full Development 9.0.71.0\Spatial Extensions\Fdo Extension\FdoExtension.dll

Just downloaded the newest builds 9.0.0.129 and 9.0.135.0 and updated the reference in the project. Still have the same errors when the overlay tries to display.

Hi Chad, 

I am sorry, it looks you should want to visit this page: 

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_services_edition_dependencies_guide 

You need to download the MapSuiteFdoExtension8.0.262.0.zip file then unzip and copy it to %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64 if you are 64bit OS. 

Regards, 

Don

Couple things Don, 
 1) We’re running 9.0 not 8.0, not sure if that matters with this extension. 
 2) Link to the zip file is forbidden.  No permissions to access.

Correction Don I apologize.  I’m developing in 9.0 but as of right now our server is 8.0.  We are currently looking at upgrading the server. But either way the link for the zip file can’t be accessed.

Hi Chad, 

I am sorry the link should be wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/_media/file/MapSuiteFdoExtension8.0.262.0.zip 

Please try this again. 

Regards, 

Don

Link worked.  Downloaded and unzipped.  Moved the files to SysWOW folder.  Overlay still not working.  Removed and updated the FdoExtension.dll reference in the project, but no luck getting the overlay to display.  Still showing same errors on the map “Object reference not set to an instance of object.”  I’m going to open up a service ticket.

Hi Chad, 

Thanks for your update, we will reply you in the ticket. 

Regards, 

Don