ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Popup text / close button overlap issue

Hi guys, 

A quick one: Is there a way to hide the close button on the popup (tooltip) or to make sure that the close button doesn't get displayed above the popup text? I find that sometimes that a line of text does not get broken into multiple lines correctly and part of the text gets hidden behind the close button. 

Thanks, 
Nirish

Nirish,

This issue can be fixed by override our GeoPopup. Please see the attached sample; first of all, we need create a class which is inherit from GeoPopup; then rewrite it's control template which you can find at the Xaml file. Then you can use the new GeoPopup without close button.

Please have a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Howard

1604-CustomGeoPopup.zip (2.87 KB)

Thanks Howard! That’s perfect! 

A few questions: 

1. Currently, I’m setting the size of the popup to be equal to the size of the textblock in it. Eg. 

marker.Popup.Width = textblock.ActualWidth + 20; 
 marker.Popup.Height = textblock.ActualHeight + 20; 

Is there any feature to auto-size the popup based on its contents?  

2. The popup disappears if you try to move the mouse pointer over the popup. Is there some popup hide delay property to delay the time it takes for the popup to hide? 

I hope you enjoyed your holidays. Happy new year! 

Thanks, 

Nirish

Nirish, 

Currently, we don’t have any property to auto size the Popup. Sorry for the inconvienience. I have added this to our task list so that we can work on this when we available. Let you know then. 

For the second question. The default popup cannot have a delaied popup. If it’s possible, please use SimpleMarkerOverlay with custom popup instead to implement it on your end. 

If you have any queries for this, please let me know. 

Thanks, 
 Howard