ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

PostgreSqlFeatureSource does not set TransactionResultStatus

(ThinkGeo.PostgreSql 12.3.2)

When PostgreSqlFeatureSource.CommitTransaction() returns with TotalFailureCount > 0, the TransactionResultStatus property is still set to Success.

Thanks Clemens,
Yes. After you do some operations on the PostgreSqlFeature layer such as delete item, add item, edit item. Some of operations may not able to commit to database. We will return the failure count and failureReasons.

Here is an example how we do in the PostgreSqlFeatureSource class

private void ProcessAddBuffer(Dictionary<string, Feature> addBuffer, TransactionResult result)
        {
            foreach (Feature feature in addBuffer.Values)
            {
                try
                {
                    InsertFeature(feature);
                    result.TotalSuccessCount++;
                }
                catch (Exception e)
                {
                    result.FailureReasons.Add(feature.Id, e.Message);
                    result.TotalFailureCount++;
                }
            }
        }

Thanks

Frank

My question is not about TotalFailureCount (which is set correctly) but about TransactionResultStatus (which is not).

Classes like ShapeFileFeatureSource or TabFeatureSource do set TransactionResultStatus to Failure if there is any error. This is inconsistent. Is the PostgreSqlFeatureSource behaviour supposed to be correct?

Thanks Clemen,
Yes. In the ShapeFileFeatureSource and TabFeatureSource we have some code like this.
if (transactionResult.TotalFailureCount == 0)
{
transactionResult.TransactionResultStatus = TransactionResultStatus.Success;
}
else
{
transactionResult.TransactionResultStatus = TransactionResultStatus.Failure;
}

The PostgreSqlFeatureSource behavior is different. You could check the transactionResult.TotalFailureCount outside. I will talk with my supervisor see if we real want to keep this consistent with ShapeFileFeatureSource or TabFeatureSource.

Thanks

Frank