ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Potential Library Conflicts

Hi,

I have a client that is using a variety of software’s with GIS functionality. After installing our product, 2 of his other products fail to start with error code 0xc000007b which seems to indicate a conflict between 32 and 64 bit libraries.

I’m using version 10 Mapsuite libraries and as far as I know, there are no other shared libraries that Mapsuite are using outside of this. Is that correct? What about VS redistributables?

I do know that you write to some libraries to temp here. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\TempMapSuite, but I doubt that would cause an application failure.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
You mentioned “After installing our product”. Did you follow this one to package your application
http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_runtime_license_guide_for_desktop
The merge module will copy few files to system32 or syswow64 folder.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

I think you’ve got it backwards. It’s not a problem with the application my company published which uses your product, but rather that after installing my company’s application, 2 other GIS programs stop working for the client.

I have a runtime license in my distribution and I also reference the Microsoft merge modules. I don’t currently reference the Mapsuite Dependencies merge module though. What’s in it and where does it go? Note that I already deploy some of your dependencies manually, so maybe not needed.

At any rate, I noticed on my clients machine that Visual Studio C++ redistributable 64-bit version was missing. I would have thought that would be there when using the MicrosoftVisualCRunTime100X64.msm merge module?

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
In the page http://wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/map_suite_runtime_license_guide_for_desktop.There are two ways. We only need take one. No matter which one we are using. It will copy some dlls to the system32 or syswow64 to support some unmanage function in mapsuite . And it is possible to overwrite some existing dll in system32 or syswow64.This is only thing I can think about which will effect some others GIS softwares. Others GIS software may use the same dll in the system32 or syswow64 but different version than mapsuite. The Visual Studio C++ redistributable 64-bit is for mapsuite V12. It is came from Microsoft. I don’t think it related with this issue. Do you know what GIS software they are using. I will try see if I can reproduce this one.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

They are using Global Mapper which you might have access to. The other program is more specialized so probably best to stick with Global Mapper for now.

What folders am I looking for in the System32 and SysWOW64 directories? There used to be a Mapsuite 9 folder before 10 came out, but I don’t see anything similar anymore.

Thanks,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
Here is the files we will copied to System32 and SysWOW64.

System32.zip (3.7 MB) SysWOW64.zip (3.5 MB)
It will be the root folder of system32 and SysWOW64. We may need the user re-install the Global Mapper and try again. This may able to restore the files. And if your application won’t use any unmanage stuff you may not need install any MapSuiteRuntimeDependencies. Or you could try to manually copy these file to the System32 and SysWOW64. and do not overwrite the existing files.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

We’ve found that on the users machine where the Global Mapper software will work that the version number of msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll is 11.0.50727.1 for the system32 directory only and on the machine where our application works, the version of those files is newer at 11.0.51106.1.

Is there a way to have both versions on the machine at the same time? Alternatively, will Mapsuite work properly with the older version of those 2 files?

Thanks,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
I don’t think we could have both version on the same machine since the main version number 11 is the same. The file name will be the same. I can not find the older version(11.0.50727) on a brand new windows 10 machine. We didn’t do a full test on this version. But I think mapsuite should be able to work with older version(11.0.50727). Could you attached the older version of these dlls. I could do some test with it. These two dll are doing something related with unmanage stull such as ECW, MrSID,

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

I’m attaching the older version of the files.

mscv.zip (604.6 KB)

Thanks,
Damian

Is it maybe possible we copy the older files to the application folder of the other 2 software to get them to look in application folder first before looking in system32?

E.g. create a system32 and sysWOW64 dir in the application folder and then put all runtime dll there.

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
It may difficult to let application to look these dlls in the application folder. Looks like you attached the wrong version of the dlls. They are newer version not older ones.

Thanks

Frank

Hi Frank,

Sorry about that. Here are the correct files.

Msvc.zip (574.6 KB)

Regards,
Damian

Thanks Damian,
I tested these old dlls. Mapsuite works good with these old dlls. So We could leave these 2 files as it is (version 11.0.50727).

Thanks

Frank