ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Preserve the LineDashStyle on zoom out

Hi guys,

I'm using the routing extension to generate a route between two points and drawing it on the map using the Dot LineDashStyle as in the screenshot below:

However, when I zoom out, the line gets compressed and the dots overlap on top of each other and the linestyle is lost (looks more like a solid line) as seen below:

How I preserve the linedashstyle regardless of the zoom level? This is a very important feature for our customers who need to determine the route type by the style of the line.

Thanks in advance,

Nirish

Nirish,
As I know, it’s an issue of GDI+. A workaround is that we define the different lineStyle with Dot LineDashStyle. For instance, The width will be small for big zoom level, be larger for small zoom level. Here is the sample code you can try:

routeLayer = new InMemoryFeatureLayer(); 
GeoPen pen1 = new GeoPen(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Blue, 3);
pen1.LineDashStyle = LineDashStyle.Dot;
routeLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.DefaultLineStyle = new LineStyle(pen1);
routeLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel01.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level15;

GeoPen pen = new GeoPen(GeoColor.SimpleColors.Blue, 4);
pen.LineDashStyle = LineDashStyle.Dot;
routeLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel15.DefaultLineStyle = new LineStyle(pen);
routeLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel15.DefaultLineStyle.OuterPen.LineJoin = DrawingLineJoin.Round;
routeLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel15.DefaultLineStyle.OuterPen.StartCap = GeoDashCap.Round;
routeLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel15.DefaultLineStyle.OuterPen.EndCap = GeoDashCap.Round;
routeLayer.ZoomLevelSet.ZoomLevel15.ApplyUntilZoomLevel = ApplyUntilZoomLevel.Level20;

LayerOverlay routeOverlay = new LayerOverlay();
routeOverlay.Layers.Add("routeLayer", routeLayer);
Map1.Overlays.Add("RouteOverlay", routeOverlay);

Also you can replace the installaion sample “GetShortestPathByCoordinates.xaml” with the attached, and then have a try.

Thanks,
Johnny

Samples.zip (2.31 KB)