ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Pricing Model

Hi Guys,

Will the editor require a current subscription to run?  In other words if you let your monthly or annual subscription expire can you still use the software?

Regards

John

Hello John, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to GIS Editor. 

As it is a subscription model you would not be able to use the application outside of subscription timeframe.  There are a few advantages to this model

1. You only pay for the time you are using the product.

2. While subscribing you will always be using the latest version which is updated automaticly.

3. You have the flexability to pay and use the fotware when necessary then stop subscibing and then pick it back up at any future date.

Of course we are open to suggestion and comments regarding this strategy and would love your feedback.

If you have any more questions please feel free to let us know. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for that.  

What happens if there is no internet access and you try and run the software?  This is particularly important if you live in an area of intermittent Internet access.

Regards

John

John. 

You only need to activate once and the current subscription length is cached on your system.  If you subscribe for one month, for example, then that period of time will be cached so you will no longer need to be internet connected to use the software.  The same thing goes for the yearly subscription.

Regards, 

Gary

Hi, 

If you’re working on a network that is completely offline, and never will provide any Internet access whatsoever, is there any possibility of licensing the GIS Editor ? 

I agree that it’s not a typical scenario, but unfortunately it’s one of the setups I’m working with. 

TIA 

Hello Lars I, 

Thanks for your attention, we will support this special scenario but not in the Beta, so when the beta release, you can contact us, we can help resolve this problem. 

Please feel free to let us know. 

Thanks, 

Gary