ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Problem in creating rtg file

i am facing problem in building rtg file of my shapefile. my shape file units are in meters. when i created a rtg file it gives error :

the decimal degree longitude value you provide was out of range . parameter name : from longitude

Hello Faryal, 

Our routing system support map unit meter, could you please provide a sample to me to recreate your problem? 

Regards, 

Gary

i will send my shapefile. kindly give me email address. my sample data of thinkgeo does not contain projection file. and my shapefile does not display when my application runs. 

Faryal, 

We initially tested routing with lat/lon shapefiles and then switched to a projection in meters which we use for production data and stumbled across the same thing.  There is an overload of RtgRoutingSource.GenerateRoutingData that takes GeographyUnit and DistanceUnit; we supply GeographyUnit.Meter and DistanceUnit.Meter and everything worked fine. 

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Routing.RtgRoutingSource#GenerateRoutingData.28String.2C_FeatureSource.2C_BuildRoutingDataMode.2C_GeographyUnit.2C_DistanceUnit.29 

Allen 

Hello Faryal,

I want to know if you are using the routing explorer to build the rtg file? This might be a bug in the Routing Explorer in that it always thinks you data is in decimal degrees when generating the rtg file. I suggest you use the direct API as part of the routing engine. Below is a post of a person running into the same thing. 

He writes "There is an overload of RtgRoutingSource.GenerateRoutingData that takes GeographyUnit and DistanceUnit; we supply GeographyUnit.Meter and DistanceUnit.Meter and everything worked fine. " 

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/30/afv/topic/aft/10460/afc/32892/Default.aspx

Also you can refer HowDoISamples--->BuildingRoutingData, and I think it's the same as Allen mentioned.

If you still can't make it work, please send your data to forumsupport@thinkgeo.com

Regards,

Gary

Ah, Gary, I didn’t think that Faryal might be using Routing Explorer; I just presumed he was writing code.  We are processing one-way streets and overpasses so I’m using code taken from the examples as you had thought.  I don’t think Routing Explorer can do those things since it wouldn’t know the logic behind how the data is coded and I’ve never found an option where you could define those items. 

Allen

Allen i used Routing Explorer for creating .rtg file. as mentioned in one of your tutorial on internet.

Hello Faryal, 

So have you tried using the code to create rtg file? Do you still meet the problem? 

Let me know if you still need help. 

Regards, 

Gary

Thanks Gary,

yes, i have solved this problem finally but i have posted my other problem on forum , related with calculated route 

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/30/aft/10482/afv/topic/Default.aspx

Kindly help me to solve this issue.

Hello Faryal, 

Please check that post, we have post some answer there. 

Regards, 

Gary