ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Problem on Feature's Text Android

Hi,

We are in a project changing from WPF platform to Android, on WPF the expression “\n” to write on new line on feature’s text works well, but on Android doesn’t works.
Could you help me with this? The style used on both are the same. Have something different on Android style? Any property or method.
To explain better, i posted a image of exemple. On left side WPF for Windows with new line on feature’s text and the right side Android with only one line on feature’s text.

Hi Marcelo,

We have one sample for labeling (text styles) for Android, please refer https://github.com/ThinkGeo/LabelingStyleSample-ForAndroid

Android’s style logic is same as WPF, but we didn’t do the testing with “\n” text style on Android device, you can check our above sample, if you still meet same issue when use this sample, please let us know that, we will check if Android device drawing logic and fix this issue.

Thanks
Mark

Hi Mark,

In example LabelingStyleSample-ForAndroid, i couldn’t got run correctly, then i made a example using QuickStartSample adding one feature and description using \n and got the same error.

Hi Marcelo,

Our developer should had fixed it, could you please get the latest package and try it again:

You can download it when it’s available in Nuget.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan, I saw that you released today a new beta version 091.

Now the bug was fixed in this version.

Could you tell me if you have a date to release this version(Stable version)?

Thank you for attention.

Hi Marcelo,

Please download https://www.nuget.org/packages/ThinkGeo.MapSuite/10.4.2, it contains this fix you required.

Generally we update the stable version in a certain interval, but we just release 10.4.1, consider it’s a obvious problem and it’s important for you, we build this version.

Any question please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan

Hi Ethan,

Thanks a lot, it was a little bug, but the users were saying that new line help them to see the description of elements.
Has an acord between developers to not use beta version to commit a correction.

Hi Marcelo,

Thanks for your update.

In fact we don’t always move the fix to release version, because it need some time to prove it’s stable.

Regards,

Ethan