Problem with zooming to Full extent

Hi.

To zoom to full extent I use the following code:

layer.Open();

var fullExtent =  layer.GetBoundingBox();

map1.CurrentExtent = fullExtent;

layer.Close();

map1.Refresh();

But, after that, map1.CurrentExtent doesn't equal fullExtent(map1.CurrentExtent.LowerLeftPont.X <  fullExtent.LowerLeftPont.X and

map1.CurrentExtent.LowerRighttPont.X >  fullExtent.LowerRightPont.X )

And I don't understand why?????

Hi, Andew
Welcome to ThinkGeo Discussion Forums.
As for our Map Suite Silverlight Edition and Web Edition products, if you have set the CurrentExtent on the map control, before zooming to the specific extent, and in order to get more accurate bounds for the map and we will recalculate the new one based on current resolution, center, and map size. Generally the new extent will larger than the old one.
If you still have additional questions please let us know.
Thanks,
Khalil

Thanks for quick reply! 

Are there some ways to do the real full extent ? Because, such map control behavior is a little bit inapplicable in my case.

Andew,

To answer your question why the Get current extent might be different from the Set current extent, I suggest you check a post similar to yours, gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/Discussion...fault.aspx .

You can read the post from Val at 11-01-2010 04:41 PM for the relevant part.

I think that with the pictures in that post you will understand how the width/height ratio difference between the map control and the extent set. It is mathematical, the width/height ratios of the map control and the extent set would have to be exactely the same in order for the CurrentExtent to stay the same.

Thank you.