These issues popped up when we moved to version 6.0 of MSD.
When you click on an ImagePrinterLayer or a LegendPrinterLayer the handles appear for resizing, however the cross that used to appear in the center (showing where you have to click to move the object) is no longer visible.
When resizing an ImagePrinterLayer the image does not remain stationary. For example if you click on an image and then click and drag on the lower right corner, the upper left corner moves as well. How much it moves depends on the angle at which you drag the image. The more you drage towards the bottom of the image the more movement there is.
Thanks for the post and I really appreciate your sample, I can see the problem, I believe it’s a bug and something wrong in the Calculate resize method.
Our product team is working on this and I will post any result here asap.
Your sample is always informative and very easy to recreate the issue, thanks!
We've fixed the issue and to make it less confusing, we made some change that if a printerlayer.ResizeMode was set to MaintainAspectRatio, it'll only have 4 resize points on the 4 corners instead of 8 as following. Please get the latest version (6.0.73.0 or 6.0.0.73 or later) and have another try.
These issues popped up when we moved to version 6.0 of MSD.
When you click on an ImagePrinterLayer or a LegendPrinterLayer the handles appear for resizing, however the cross that used to appear in the center (showing where you have to click to move the object) is no longer visible.
When resizing an ImagePrinterLayer the image does not remain stationary. For example if you click on an image and then click and drag on the lower right corner, the upper left corner moves as well. How much it moves depends on the angle at which you drag the image. The more you drage towards the bottom of the image the more movement there is.
I have attached a sample project.
Thanks!
Steve
Hi, Steve.
Have you ever worked it out? I wonder how can I accomplish the image resizing process. Do I need another image resizing SDK to help customize the size of images? I am almost a green hand here. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
I should have marked this problem as resolved 3 years ago because, just a Ben said, ThinkGeo corrected the problem. We are now on version 8 of MapSuite, soon upgrading to 9.
So if you are using any of the later versions of MapSuite and you add an ImagePrinterLayer to a page layout map you can resize and reposition the image using the mouse without having to write any additional code. And it works very well. The only improvement I would like to see is for the mouse pointer to change when it is positioned over one of the resizing “handles”.
Thanks for the reply and support on map suite. For Arron’s issue, I think we can skip it as most of his questions are the same and without any responses later, looks like a trick.