ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Product Center V12 Xam Forms

Good morning.

Building a Xamarin Forms app that has Android and iOS projects. As usual I am ensuring as much of my code as possible is up in the Forms project.
I am at the stage now of getting the evaluation licence.

Looking over the doco which appears to be referencing the v10 of the Product Center it talks about going to the Android and iOS sets in the Product Center and each project has it’s own unique steps.

I have v12 of Product Center and there is an option for Xamarin Forms and a button to “Start Evaluation”. I am unable to find any doco specific for this. The link there goes to the v10 doco set.

My assumption (and hope) here is seeing as there is a Forms option I can simply set the licence once for all my platform projects by simply doing it at the forms project level. If this is possible it certainly is the preferred process I want to follow.

Can you confirm that with v12 I can set the licence at the Forms level?
OR
Do I need to follow the steps for each platform?

Regards
Chris …

Hey @Chris_Marassovich,

Because of the differences between iOS and Android, you will need to place a license file into each of the specific platform’s project. Please refer to our ThinkGeo Mobile Maps v12 Deployment Guide on where to put the license and what properties need to be set for each platform.

Thanks,
Kyle

Thanks @Kyle_Day.

It makes sense that you need to set the licence for each platform.
That said then why in Product Center is there a licence option in the Xamarin Forms section? I assume it is a templated UI. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Chris …

Hey @Chris_Marassovich,

I looked into that Xamarin.Forms license section and the license file it generates is different from the Android and iOS licenses. I’ll talk with some of the developers and see if there is a more convenient way to just use the Xamarin.Forms license and update our documentation guide. It’ll probably be best to just follow the guide we have on the docs site, for now.

Thanks,
Kyle

Hi @Kyle_Day.

For now I have followed the platform license process as you suggested.
Thanks for chasing the Xam Forms path and I would be interested in the outcome.

Cheers
Chris …