ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Programmatically prerender WMK tile cache on Server

Hi ThinkGeo,

I want to generate tiles from World map kit data for the server and Client cache.

Do you have a ready source code that  I can make use? Does the tiles for server and Client follow same naming convention for sub-directory names and zoom levels.?

Regards,

Anil

Hi, Anil 

I think you can get full detail information in the post below: 
 gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/afv/topic/aff/12/aft/6274/afpg/2/Default.aspx 

Please let us know if you still have any questions. 

Thanks, 

Khalil

Hi, Anil 

I think you can get full detail information in the post below: 
 gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/afv/topic/aff/12/aft/6274/afpg/2/Default.aspx 

Please let us know if you still have any questions. 

Thanks, 

Khalil

Hi Khalil,

Thanks for the link. Instead of using MapEngine, I am using WorldMapKitRenderLayer's Draw() method to draw from matching layers (static and dynamic list) on a GeoCanvas object. I am making quite  progress and generating bitmaps into Cache folder. 

Is there any asociation of subfolder and file names with  various zoom levels/bounding box?

Regards,

Anil

Hi, Anil

No, there is no any association of subfolder and file names with various zoom levels if you use MapEngine or GeoCanvas object, and in fact internally we use GeoCanvas to draw layers for MapEngine.
In order to let you understand what we mean, and we made one simple sample for you how to generate the cache tile images, please refer to it. Also I have added necessary comments to help you understand it.

If you still have any questions about it please let us know.

Thanks,

Khalil

003_002_001_GenerateTiling.zip (9.02 KB)

Khalil, 

Thanks it works great. 

Regards, 
 Anil

Anil, 

Thanks for your feedback.  

Please feel free to let us know if you have additional questions. 

Thanks, 

Khalil