ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Querying WFS & Other Sources For Features

We currently use shape files. The ThinkGeo libraries have good support for querying Shape Files for features. However, we want to move away from Shape Files. Ultimately, we'd like to be able to query features by talking to a WCF service, and that WCF service should talk to multiple sources (e.g. WFS, shape files, ESRI etc). However, if this is not possible, how do we query a WFS for example? Do we need to use a separate WFS client? Does ThinkGeo have any support for WFS? What other systems can ThinkGeo's library query for features?

To be clear about what we need. When a user clicks on a point on the map, we need to call a service which will return all the features within a radius of the point clicked. Do the ThinkGeo libraries support this for WFS, or other systems?

Christian

Bump

Hi, Christian, 

Actually, we have WfsFeatureLayer which supports loading from WCF service. It also can query the points as you did in the ShapeFileFeatureLayer. But current, it’s only supported on the server side. You need to make your contract to communicate with the server side. I’m not sure if I misunderstand your issue. As I thought, to implement your requirement, you can design a WFS server with ThinkGeo library which accept different query on the server side. I think it’s not too hard to make a contract to implement your posted requirement. Please let me know if you have any difficulty. 

On the other hand, your requirement is a good suggestion and we are sorry that we don’t have any WFS support on the client side. We’ll do some research on it and enhance our product in the future. 

Thanks for your requirement and let me know if you have more questions. 
 Howard