ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Quickstart not working with my WMS server

Hello,

Our team recently purchased the World Map Kit WMS Server tool.  I have successfully set that up and am able to see that The data from a couple of servers in our domain.   The problem comes in when I used the Quick Start for the Desktop Edition to consume that Wms Server data.  Here is the code:

private void Map_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

lblMunicipality.Text = "Default Municipality";

winformsMap1.BackgroundOverlay.BackgroundBrush = new GeoSolidBrush(GeoColor.GeographicColors.ShallowOcean);

winformsMap1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree;

winformsMap1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-126, 57, -70, 18);

TiledWmsLayer tiledWmsLayer = new TiledWmsLayer(new Uri("AServer/WmsServer.axd"));

tiledWmsLayer.ActiveLayerNames.Add("Display A Simple Map");

tiledWmsLayer.ActiveStyleNames.Add("DEFAULT");

LayerOverlay staticOverlay = new LayerOverlay();

staticOverlay.Layers.Add("SimpleWmsLayerPlugin", tiledWmsLayer);

winformsMap1.Overlays.Add(staticOverlay);

winformsMap1.Refresh();

}

All I am getting is a blue background.  The name of the .axd is correct.  Of course, AServer has been masked for security reasons, but I can browse the WMS map data from my development machine where the code resides.  The DotNet project level has been set to 3.5.  I modified the RectangleShape parameters, but the default from the Quick Start did not work either.  Please advise.

Regards,

Steven

Steven, 

Did you test “C# Winforms HowDoISamples” which you can find it at installation folder? Can you check if this is a client side issue or server side issue, if you think it’s a server side, I will move your topic to “WMS server forum” which are more professional can give you better support. 

Thanks 
 James

James, 
   The HowDoISamples work as expected, but they are not using my WMSServer.  Are you meaning to change the samples to get data from my WMSServer?  I am not understanding what you mean. How would I check if this is a client side or server side with the HowDoISamples?  You will probably need to spell it out, I am not well learned with GIS programming. 

Thanks, 
   Steven

I have resolved this issue. 

steven

Hi, Steven
Thanks for your feedback.
I guess that James means that you give a try for our installed samples; also you can visit the WMS Server through browsers in order to test it whether it can work on the server side that we have clarified in the Quick Start.
If you have additional questions please let us know.
Thanks,
Khalil