ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Raster images animation

Hi,

I have some(say 10) set of satellite raster images and their boundary points. i am able to overlay it on my World map. But my new requirement is I wanted to display all those 10 images continuely one by one with 500m.sec. like some animation effect.

Basically i have weather data in that satellite images, so i wanted to show a moving effect on top of World map.

I have tried with Timer concept, but it is not that much good in looking. its not properly updating and because of timer some other functionalities in my application effecting.

My sample here just to overlay single image

NativeImageRasterLayer rasterSatelliteLayer = new NativeImageRasterLayer(_sMapDataPath + @"\MapData\WxCharts\HSDGSAT" + sSatelliteDownloadImage, _proj.ConvertToExternalProjection(new RectangleShape(-179.999979224, 79.9899914532, 179.972976801, -50.0233908027)));
rasterSatelliteLayer.Transparency = 200;

LayerOverlay SatelliteOverlay = new LayerOverlay(“Satellite”, false, TileType.SingleTile);
SatelliteOverlay.Layers.Add(“SatelliteColorlayer”, rasterSatelliteLayer);

Following is one of my sample image

For your reference please check this link https://skyvector.com/ --> Select Layers --> Satellite IR4 and click play button in down

Is there any built in property/method to do this. Or please guide me how to do this.

Thanks,
Ashok

Hi Ashok,

If you have 10 images, and you want to show them one by one, my suggestion is you can add them as 10 overlays.

Then hide 9 of them in client side, and loop them by JavaScript code.

This support quickly hide&show the images and won’t need to post back.

You can find some related code in our forum, if you met any detail problem please let us know.

Regards,

Ethan