ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Release date for "GIS Editor"

Hello,

When the first release will be available?

Can we get a beta or alpha release ASAP?

We are very interrested in trying it.

thanks

Hello ahmad, 

Thanks for your pay close attention to the GIS editor, there is a plan that we will target it in the end of second quarter, please subscribe the forums and we will post any news here asap. 

If you have any questions about GIS editor, please feel free to ask, I will try my best to let you know it. 

Regards, 

Gary

Thanks, 
 We are interested in knowing if the GIS Editor will have any SDK or API in order to use its features in our custom applications, such as Labeling & Symbology dialogs which are so important for us. 
 Also, we want to know if there will be any localization for it, ie: another UI language, especially in Right-To-Left languages (Herbew, Arabic, Persian, …); while we hope this feature will be easy to you because it is build on WPF (which is supported for such features). 

Regards.

Hello ahmad, 

I’m glad to say, for both of your question, the answer is yes. This will both working in the beta version. 

Regards, 

Gary

Amazing.

Hello ahmad, 

I’m really happy you like it, don’t hesitate to let us know your new thought on this. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hello,

You said that the release date for this product will be on Q1 2012 !! We think that this date is already passed !! Is there any prerelease version?

thanks

Posted By Gary on 05-21-2012 04:18 PM 

Hello ahmad, 

Thanks for your pay close attention to the GIS editor, there is a plan that we will target it in the end of second quarter, please subscribe the forums and we will post any news here asap. 

If you have any questions about GIS editor, please feel free to ask, I will try my best to let you know it. 

Regards, 

Gary 

Hello ahmad,

Thanks for your attention, I think I said the time is end of second quarter.

Absolutely we want it release as soon as possible, but we need do enough test to make sure we can remove as many bug as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for the understanding.

Regards,

Gary

Hello, 
 Can you provide us a beta version !! 
 Or please release it ASAP. 
 We are waiting 

Thanks

Hello ahmad, 

Sorry for long time waiting, we are in the test phase to release the beta version, we will post any news on the forums. 

We are doing our best to release it as fast as we can, hope you can enjoying it after you get it. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hello, I think that the test phase must be finished, you are so late from publishing it, it is 2 months ago when you said that you are in the test phase !! 
 We are waiting. 
 Thanks

Hello ahmad, 

Sorry for long time waiting, we are still doing the final step before release, if everything going smooth, the release date will be the end of this month. 

I appreciate your attention on this. 

Regards, 

Gary

I too am excited to see the Editor. We have been looking for an editor to edit SQL Server layers. I understand this might not be in the early release. If it is not, we'll use whatever customization is available to load those layers (as we have a lot of experience building our application with Map Suite and SQL Server layers).

John

Hello John, 

Thanks for your attention on our GIS editor, any advise and ideas you can post in the forums, we hope editor can help everyone code much easier. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi Gary,

One idea would be to relase the beta.  The editor was annouced 11 months ago, whilst I appreciate the need to knock the bugs out before the beta, it is also what a beta is for.

The longer the delay in releasing something, the more it looks like vapour ware.

John 

Hello John, 

Appreciate your advise, we are working on it. 

Regards, 

Gary

I think that we started in the Fourth quarter of the year !! and you didn't finish testing the software? I think you are so late. we still waiting for it. please release a beta version that we can test and explore features !!

Thanks

Any response, any news !!!

Ahmad, 

The GIS Editor is still in development and we are still planning on a release sometime during the 4th Quarter.  

Thank you for your patience. 

Any specific date for the release ??