ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Restricted extent is very jerky

Hi all,

Was just trying to implement the RestrictedExtent on my map, and it's quite jerky when you go past the bounds.  Coming from the Web edition, I was used to the map just not panning any further, but in the Silverlight edition, it seems it allows you to go just beyond the bounds, and then rubber-bands you back. Is that normal, or have I done something incorrect?  If it matters, I'm using ServerOverlays, SimpleMarkerOverlays, and InMemoryFeatureOverlays.  Thanks again!

-Dustin

Hi, Dustin 

I think it’s normal. That’s because we won’t check whether the CurrentExtent has exceeded RestrictedExtent when you mouse move on the map. But, the map will be refreshed when you mouse up, so you will get the result like this. Maybe this is bug for SliverlightEdition, we will track it. Any progress about it we will let you know. 

Thanks, 
 Khalil 

Thanks very much, Khalil. It wouldn’t be so bad if it simply moved you slightly in the direction you came from, however, it takes a huge jump in both X and Y directions and ends up being rather obnoxious. It doesn’t return you to where you left the ‘restricted extent’, by any means.

Dustin, 

I have recreated this issue, and I’m sure it’s a bug. I’ll check it out to see if there is a workaround tomorrow for we are busy these days. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Thanks very much Howard. As always, I appreciate your support.

Dustin,

I wrote another interactive overlay for you. Please download the attached sample and try how it works. Also, please ask support@thinkgeo.com for a new version 4.0.51.0 which have a small issue fixed.

Thanks,

Howard

Post7677.zip (16.6 KB)