ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Result Ranking

Hello,

I'm trying to understand the ranking of returned results.  I use the following query

1234 foothill, la verne, ca

and get a list of results.  In the results, I have a bunch of items all with a ranking of 20000, and the #1 item being foothill in big bear.  The one in la verne is 8th on the list.  When I run the same address on you online demo, it correctly returns the result in la verne as the first item.  I am just using the built in UsaGeocoder with the built in data.

Also, if I type in 1234 foothill, 91750

The only result I get is a zip code match.

What does the online demo do differently to have the correct city as the first result, and why do all the results have the same weight, even though one of the matches (the one in la verne) is clearly better than the others?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help,

.Ryan.

Just for reference, I'm using geocoder 3.1.418.0

Ryan,

I have tested it according to your test cases, but the results can be returned the correct items includes the street result, I attached the screen shot to show you my test result, I tested it on the maps.thinkgeo.com.

Also the newest release version is 3.1.299.77, please get the newest version to try again,

Thanks,

Scott,

1874-test.zip (306 KB)

Scott,

I agree that maps.thinkgeo.com returns the results correctly, however using both daily builds 3.1.418.0 and 3.1.299.120 return the results I have described.  I have attached a sample application, you simply need to add the directory of your data (I created a TODO  item for this).

Thanks for your time,

.Ryan.

1876-GeocodingSample.zip (5.67 KB)

Ryan, 

I have reproduced your problem through your sample code, the problem is from the following code" 

UsaGeocoder geo = new UsaGeocoder(DATA_DIRECTORY, MatchMode.FuzzyMatch);

If you are not sure the exact street name, you can use the FuzzyMatch mode to search, I suggest you to use the ExactMatch mode to search if you entered the exact street name.  

In your sample, please change the match mode to ExactMatch, then your problem can be resolved correctly, 

Thanks, 

Scott,