ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Road Segment Speed and Length

Hi,

I would like to know what's the name of the speed field that the Rounting Module considers when It builds the route, and what's the speed unit expected in that field?

Also, I'm planning to calculate the route distance using a field in the road segment feature. I mean, besides the geodesic distance, I also want to calculate the route distance adding those segments length. For example, let's suppose I have 3 segments: seg A (10km), seg B (5km) and seg C(10). If I start from the beginning of seg A and go until the end of seg C my route would have 25km, even though the real distance could be less or more than that, let's say 20 or 30km. Is it easy to implement?

Thank you

Gustavo, 

There isn’t a hard-code name of speed field in the Routing Module. We just store the length of RouteSegment as the Weight in routing index file as default. You need to add some custom code to re-calculate the Weight using BuildingRoutingData event if you want to customize the weight (Route distance), please refer to the installed sample “BuildRoutingData” for details.  

Two speed units you can define are Kph (Kilometer per hour) and Mph (Mile per hour). 

Thanks, 

Johnny,