ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Rotating Marker Image

Hi all,

I am wondering how to accomplish turning the image of a marker.  I see here:

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/28/aft/6568/afv/topic/Default.aspx#14910

that this issue was supposedly addressed about six months ago, however, I am still unable to rotate the image with a relativley new download of Silverlight (maybe 2 months old?)  

As far as I can see, the code should be as simple as:

marker.ImageRotationAngle = 20;

Or something to that effect. However, I can't seem to get it to work.  Any pointers?

-Dustin

Hi Dustin, 

After reading your post, I just replaced the bit of code that Howard had suggested in the post that you’ve mentioned: 

RotateTransform rotation = new RotateTransform();
rotation.Angle = 30;
marker.RenderTransform = rotation;

with: 

marker.ImageRotationAngle = 30;

and it seems to work fine. Looks like the bug has been fixed. Not sure why it’s not working for you. You might have to get the latest DLLs. I’m using the ones from the daily development build 4.0.13.0. 

Cheers, 
 N

Nirish, thanks for your reply. 

Dustin, just as Nirish has mentioned. This bug has been fixed a few months ago. You just need to get the latest DLLS from the link below: 
 helpdesk.thinkgeo.com/helpdesk/login.aspx 

Thanks, 
 Khalil

Khalil, 
 I have downloaded the Daily Production Evaluation build, but cannot get it to work in the least.  After updating the dlls, references, and controls, when trying to run the application I receive a runtime error of: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] 
    ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.SilverlightMapConnector.x1811944f4031e215() +1105 
    ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.SilverlightMapConnector.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +39 
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74 
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146 
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146 
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207 

Have I done something wrong? 
 -Dustin

Dustin,

In fact, in order to make use of the functionality of SilverlightMapConnector which will register http handler configuration information in the web.config file for user. There are many situations that cause this error. Please check out the situations below:

1. Whether you have write permission for the file;

2. Whether the file is checked in through some kind of source control plug in for Visual Studio;

3. Whether the file is set as read-only.

If this problem still exists, please copy the statement below to httphandlers section of the web.config file:

<add path="GeoTile.axd" verb="*" type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler" />

and copy the statement below to handlers section of system.webServer section:

<add name="GeoTileResource" path="GeoTile.axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"  type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler" />

Thanks,

Khalil 

Khalil, 

I have confirmed that I do have write permission, the file is not read only, nor is it in any source control.  I have tried to make a brand new project, as well, with just the SilverlightMapConnector and am still having the issue.  In your last post, it appears that you might have been meaning to paste something that didn't come through.  I am currently running the eval version, and have received a key for a 30 extension to the trial (I don't know if this has any effect) Any help you could provide would be much appreciated! 

-Dustin

Dustin,

Sorry for that. The eval version doesn't have any effect on this problem. In fact, I mean this in the last reply:

If this problem still exists, please copy the statement below to httphandlers section of the web.config file:

<add path="GeoTile.axd" verb="*" type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler" />

and copy the statement below to handlers section of system.webServer section:

<add name="GeoTileResource" path="GeoTile.axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode"  type="ThinkGeo.MapSuite.SilverlightEdition.TileHandler" />

Also please refer to the screenshot below:

If you still have this problem, please provide us the code you are cosuming. You could email to support@thinkgeo.com and ask him to forward to me.

Thanks,

Khalil

Khalil,

Adding the second entry in the above image has resolved the error I was having. Thanks very much!

Edit: After trying to piece the project back together, I seem to be having an issue adding overlays or doing anything with the map.  I receive a silverlight error:

Could not load file or assembly 'SilverlightNetTopologySuite, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f580a05015ebada1' or one of its dependancies.  The requested assembly versioin conflicts with what is already bound in the app domain or specified in the manifest.

I am assuming this has something to do with moving to the new version, but again I'm at a loss on how to proceed.  I've removed the Map from my Silverlight portion, the SilverlightMapConnector from my web page, all of the references in both sides of the app, all of the items from the tool box, and re-added everything, and the error still persists.  Am I missing a step to get the project to realize there's a new version?

-Dustin

Alright, scratch that last post.  It seems like there was an error in Visual Studio that didn’t actually delete the .dlls when I removed the references, and consequently it didn’t copy over the new files when I referenced them.  All is well now.  Thanks for the help! 
 -Dustin

Dustin, 

You are welcome. Also I suggest that you should refer to the dlls which come from the same DLL package. If not, maybe there are conflict problems. 

Thanks, 
 Khalil