ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Rotating the map

Hi,

I  am using Mapsuite 4.0 with Silverlight 4.0.

I want to dynamically rotate the map files by 90 degree. Please check the attachment.

Please tell me how can I rotate the map?

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil, 

For rotating layers in Map Suite, I suggest you look at the sample "Use rotation projection for a feature layer" of the How Do I samples. The technique shown in this sample can be applied to all vector layers and dynamic layers. Keep in mind the limitation with rotation for raster layers. For raster layer (satellite images) the map rotation cannot be applied. Thank you.

Hi  
 "Use rotation projection for a feature layer" is available in  in "Web Edition" sample. Will same work with SilverLight Edition ? 

-Sunil

Sunil, 

Yes, there should not be any problem with SilverLight edition for Rotation since this is a feature of Map Suite Core, not specific to any edition in particular. Thank you.

Hi Val, 

Can you please provide me a sample for map rotation in SilverLight application. 

Thanks 
 Sunil

Sunil,

Yes, I assigned one guy of our Support Team to provide you with a SilverLight sample showing how to rotate your map. You should have it shortly. Thank you.

Sunil,

Please, see attached the attached sample that shows how Map Rotation works with SilverLight. While developing the ssmple, we encountered a bug releted to SilverLight and Map Rotation, so you will have to go to Customer Portal and get the version 5.5.39.0 in order to get the sample to run correctly. Thank you.

You will need the shapefile countries02 (you can find iy in the How Do I samples) to run the sample.

RotationProjection_Silverlight.zip (22.7 KB)

Is this feature included in a production build?

Hello Nate, 

Yes, I think so, you can get the production build and have a try. 

Regards, 

Gary