ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Routing Engine questions

Hi Thinkgeo,

I have followingt questions:

Q1) Given a start and End point (Lat/Long values) on a map using WorldMapKit,  How do we find out what shp file(s) to use for RoutingEngine? Is there other way to use Routing Engine without knowing shape files.

Q2) How to use Routing Engine with multiple shp and rtg files?

Regards,

Anil

Hi Anil,
Here are the answers:
1.       There isn’t built-in function to get the right shape file in worldmapkit just based on a given start and end point. To avoid some unexpected efforts are made, can you let us know your scenario and then we can provide you some hints.
Yes, the network for route is stored in routing index file (.rtg). In other words, we can route just based on routing index file, but there are lots of limitations. For instance, we just can use “GetRouteSegments(string startFeatureId, string endFeatureId)” to find a route and there will be no other information, such as road name, road limitations which stored in .dbf file.

2.       Generally, the routing engine just works with one shapefile and rtg files. But there are two ways to process multiple shape files.
a.       Building the .ids, .idx for multiple shape files using MultipleShapeFileFeatureSource, and then build the Routing index file “.rtg” using MultipleShapeFileFeatureSource. This is a very efficient way that costs lots of time for building index file.
b.      Firstly, Divide the roads into different levels and combine all shp files belonging to one level to one shp file, and then build routing index file for each of level using merged shape file.  Secondly, write our own logic to switch the index file and shape files for right level when finding the route. I think it will be a little complex.

Thanks,

Johnny

How do I provide id parameters , without knowing the id’s?

Dear Yisroel, 

Sorry, you can’t use the WorldMapKit to do a routing, If you use some shape file to do a routing, it’s easy to find the point featureId in the file. 

Any more questions please feel free to let me know. 

Regards, 

Gary

Dear Gary, 

Thanks for the answer.I kinda figured it out afterwards. 

I’m just wondering if u corrected the Engine.GetRoute problem, I sent you!! 

There is some error in your ticket system, and I’m not getting your latest updates!!!

Yisroel, 

Sorry for the ticket is delayed, today my first job is to resolve this problem, please wait one more time. 

Regards, 

Gary