ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Routing extension

i have calculated shortest path with the given sample examples of the rotuing in mapsuite. now i want to find center or mid vertex(point) of the calculated shortest route. 

Thank you for your post, I believe you would want to use the GetPointOnALine method off of the multilineshape returned in your shortest route result.  If you passed 50% into this method that shoudl find the mid point on the entire route.  For more information on this method please check out the link below:

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Think..._Single.29

i want to divide my shortest path into two equal parts or area

Once you have your mid point using the GetPointOnaLine Method then you would use the GetLineOnLine method to two get each half of your route in a lineshape. 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks 

Thanks Clint,

kindly tell me what is a difference between GetPointonLine method and Centerpoint. 

this is my code, how i display that calculated midpoint on route?

RoutingEngine routingEngine = new RoutingEngine(routingSource, GetAlgorithm(), featureSource);

RoutingLayer routingLayer = (RoutingLayer)((LayerOverlay)winformsMap1.Overlays["RoutingOverlay"]).Layers["RoutingLayer"];

RoutingResult routingResult = routingEngine.GetRoute(routingLayer.StartPoint, routingLayer.EndPoint);

routingLayer.Routes.Clear();

routingLayer.Routes.Add(routingResult.Route);

//GetPointOnLine method

PointShape midpoint = new PointShape();

midpoint = routingResult.Route.GetPointOnALine(StartingPoint.FirstPoint, 100);

clint can you help me in this problem i have calculated midvertex by using GetPointONLine method passing 50% of my route as shown in this pic. i used icon to diplay on the calculted vertex but as you see my icon is not displayed on the calcuted vertex.

i have found this problem when i split the route from its midpoint point. and save both lines in two different variables but first line split well from the vertex but second line cannot. 

line 1

line2

i cannot figure out my problem.my spliting line code as follow

line1 = (MultilineShape)routingResult.Route.GetLineOnALine(startPoint, midpoint);

line2 = (MultilineShape)routingResult.Route.GetLineOnALine(midpoint,endPoint);

kindly forum help me to solve my this split line issues. still i cannot figure it out why my line is not splitting form its midpoint.

Could you please send your sample to forumsupport@thinkgeo.com? We cannot recreate your scenario so we need your sample and data to test. 

Thanks, 

Edgar

Edgar i have sent my sample to your forum may weeks ago and i didn't get any response for any of my problems which i asked at your forum. Kindly solve my problems regarding adding your new routing API and other problems beacuse i have to validate my result 

Faryal,

Please change your code 

line1 = (MultilineShape)routingResult.Route.GetLineOnALine(StartingPoint.FirstPoint, midpoint);
            line2 = (MultilineShape)routingResult.Route.GetLineOnALine(StartingPoint.LastPoint, midpoint);

to the new ones:

BaseShape.GeometryLibrary = GeometryLibrary.Unmanaged;
            MultilineShape multiline = LineBaseShape.Union(routingResult.Route.Lines);
            BaseShape.GeometryLibrary = GeometryLibrary.Managed;
            line1 = (MultilineShape)multiline.GetLineOnALine(StartingPoint.FirstPoint, midpoint);
            line2 = (MultilineShape)multiline.GetLineOnALine(StartingPoint.LastPoint, midpoint);

and the result is

Hope it helps,

Edgar

Thanks you very much Edgar:), kindly also solve my another issue the link is given below

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/30/aft/10482/afv/topic/Default.aspx

You’re welcome Faryal, we’ll keep on working on the other issue. 

Edgar

Edgar how much time it will take to solve this issue

gis.thinkgeo.com/Support/DiscussionForums/tabid/143/aff/30/aft/10482/afv/topic/Default.aspx

i am waiting :(

Hello, 

Please check that post, I have replied. 

Regards, 

Gary

Hello, 

Please check that post, I have replied. 

Regards, 

Gary