I have created map for managua. Now i want to do routing for this countary. from where i will get shp and rtg files.
i have downloaded the routing samples which uses these files "Austinstreets.rtg and Austinstreets.shp". will these file will work for managua as well???
Thanks for your post, if you want to do the routing for Managua country, you need to get the source data of Managua first so that we can help you build the rtg files for Managua country.
Actually, the Austinstreets.shp/Austinstreets.rtg files cannot be used for Managua country, they are used for Austin city of USA. Please notice, if you want to do the routing for a section, you have to get the source files(shp, sql server data) first then build the rtg files based on it.
Please get Managua country data and send them to us, we will help you build the rtg files for routing,
I cannot download the attached sample code, it seems that you didn’t upload it correctly, also currently, you have built the rtg files successfully so please check the SimpleRouting sample in the HowDoISamples and change the locations of the current shape file and rtg file to yours, that’s easy to do, please have a try first, if there are any problems please attached your whole solution to us,
I checked your samples and there are not any rout records between the two points what you want, I checked the problem by the RoutingExplorer, I found out the problem is from your shape file, there are several roads are not complete, they are broken, so it cannot found out the exact routs for you, here is the screen shot below to show you the shape file problem:
You can open the RoutingExplorer and set the start point to -85.2334, 12.9292 and set the end point to -85.2228, 12.9238, there are no routs records between these two points because of the broken roads that shows to you in the screen shot above,
Can you please tell us, from where we can obtain the .shp files. I have these files from the client, who might not know about this. So I might will need to tell him about its source. i have searched over the internet, but have found partial .shp files (for lakes .. etc).
I’m sorry to tell you your shape file is for Managua country, we cannot get it successfully, there is a way to get the .shp file what you want: contact the map data provider and purchase the Managua country data. There are many data provider in the world such as Navateq. So please let your client purchase a better .shp for Managua country. Also please notice, you have to investigate that are there any valid routs between the two points what you marked on the map.