ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Routing-shortest and fastest

Hi, 

I have some questions about routing function.

In the simple routing sample, we could find the shortest and fastest route according to the Austinstreets.rtg and AustinstreetsForFastest.rtg documents.

I want to see the contents in these two documents, but I could only find the AustinStreets.shp file which I could use Excel to open it. There is no AustinstreetsForFastest.shp file in the attachment.

In my project, we need to use 2 algorithms to find the route. One is the shortest, the other is to find the route according to the pavement condition. So we hope to read shortest and fastest route file in this sample as a reference.

Thanks!

Hi Juanxuan, 

In fact both of our Austinstreets.rtg and AustinstreetsForFastest.rtg are built based on AustinstreetsForFastest.shp file. That’s why you can only see the AustinstreetsForFastest.shp in project. 

You can think the rtg file as index file for routing, so you can built your rtg file based on same shape file when you choose different algorithms. 

Any question please let us know. 

Regards, 

Don

Hi, Don:

Thanks for your reply.

Can I find some examples about different algorithms on routing in your product website?

I need find the shortest and fastest route in my project.

Thanks!

Junxuan 

Junxuan,

More samples please refer to our wiki page, we have a sample named Routing_Index_Generator which is a tool to generated the rtg index file with fast and shortest options, please check it and hope it helps.

wiki.thinkgeo.com/wiki/Map_S…_Generator

Any questions, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thanks,

Troy