Routing with one stopping point

When using one of follwing method,

RoutingEngine.GetRouteWithStops(start_point, IEnumerable
<pointshape>)

RoutingEngine.GetRouteViaVisitStops(start_point, IEnumerable
<pointshape>)</pointshape>
</pointshape>

with only one stopping point (= IEnumerable
<pointshape>.Count == 1)), it would hang up in here when it runs. It works fine if the count property is more than one.</pointshape>

Hello Kaori, 

Thank you for your post, I have tested this situation in our HowDoISamples, sorry I can’t recreate the problem. 

In the TSPAnalysisWithFixedEnds Sample. 
 TspRoutingResult routingResult = routingEngine.GetRouteViaVisitStops(routingLayer.StartPoint, routingLayer.EndPoint, routingLayer.StopPoints, int.Parse(txtIterations.Text)); 
 I have removed the other stopPoints only one left, the result is fine and fast. 

Can you provide some sample code? 

Regards, 

Gary

Hi, thanks for the response, and sorry for coming back late.

Here is the test project that you can see.
dl.dropbox.com/u/11338429/ThinkGeoTest_RoutingError.zip

The version of routing extension is 5.0.159.0

I think you already have it but you can download the OSM routing data from here
dl.dropbox.com/u/11338429/CA.zip

The text file in the project named CA_Test_01.txt contains the starting point (the first line), and the stopping points (from the second line).

RoutingEngine.GetRouteViaVisitStops(start_point, IEnumerable

I didn't mention in the previous post, but 1) with no stopping point (only the first line in txt file) will throw an index out of range exception.
2) With one stopping point (two lines in the txt file), it will hang-up the process..
With more than one stopping points, it seems fine.

Also, this is additional too but 
RoutingEngine.GetRouteViaVisitStops(start_point, end_point, IEnumerable, iterations 

this overloaded method causes similar issue; 3) it throws the index out of range exceptions when the stopping point is 0.

I mentioned GetRouteWithStops too, but I can't see GetRouteWithStops method in the newest build, although the last build that I used warned me GetRouteViaVisitStops is obsolete. (Well, it's fine to me either one as long as it works)

So please try three things above with my project and let me know..

Thank you so much for your help.

Kaori

Hello Kaori, 

Thanks for the sample, I can recreate the problem, we have obsolete the GetRouteViaVisitStops and GetRouteViaVisitStops function and use new GetRoute overload function to replace them, looks like there are a some problems in this process, we will find it and fix it very soon. 

I will let you know when we make progress. 

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience. 

Regards, 

Gary

Any updates? 

Using 5.5.17.0, and overload GetRoute function, it still seems to have the same issue…

Hello Kaori, 

Sorry for inconvenience, our develop team still working on that, I will post here as soon as I get the result. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Regards, 

Gary

Any update?

Hello Kaori, 

Thanks for your patience and sorry for waiting. for all of the three question, here is the answer: 

For issue 1 and 3, we do not support the following conditions. 
 1, the start or the end is null.  
 2, the start and the end are the same point.  
 3, the stops are empty.  

So if you have these invalid points to route, please validate as early as possible in the application.  

For issue 2, it’s a bug where goes into the dead loop. We have fixed it. Please get the latest version and have a try. 

Please let us know if you still meet problem in issue2. 

Regards, 

Gary