ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

RoutingOverlay with Bing REST api

Is it possible to integrate the RoutingOverlay with the output from the Bing REST Routing API? I would like to use Bing REST to generate my routes, but display them using the RoutingOverlay on my ThinkGeo map.

Kieth, 

It may not be possible to use the RoutingOverlay however we can integrate the results using a new customOverlay.  If you can provide the XML response of a typical route then we can create a new BingRoutingOverlay for you that will display the route just as the RoutingOverlay did.  Please attach the XML as a .txt file here. 

David

Attached is the xml that contains the route information.

Thank you!

route.xml (6.4 KB)

Keith, 

I’m looking into the xml and give the result as soon as possible. 

Johnny

Keith,
I did a test with the attached Route Result XML that you gave. I’m not sure if I missed something about route or the Route Result Xml doesn’t contain all the turn points, it seems that the route from XML isn’t very good. Please see the image below:

The attached is a simple source code about display route from Bing map Route XML. Please have a look at it. If any missing that I didn’t take into account, please let us know.

Thanks,
Johnny

GetShortestPathByCoordinates.zip (2.78 KB)

Keith,

Sorry that i missed the Route xml, which i did a simple changes. Please use the attached one instead of the original onw.

Thanks,

Johnny

001_route.xml (8.78 KB)