ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Sample address data

We are currently researching into using ThinkGeo Geocoder as part of our application.  In the process of working on our app, we realized that the sample address data we have is actually pretty random and therefore does not geocode too well.  I was wondering if you have any hints or ideas on where we can find either a sample of real addresses we can use or a random address generator that still creates valid addresses that could be geocoded.  With our application we expect to have as many as a million address locations - therefore it's not something that we can manually create, and we can't use addresses that we would be using at the end when providing this application to clients due to legal issues of using actual data during development. 

Thanks

Val,

At this time we only have the sample addresses included in the Geocoder Sample Applications. There are several data generators available, but it will be up to you to determine the validity of the data that they produce. One I came across that might work for you and does not require a download can be found at generatedata.com

Thanks!

Thank you for the link.  However, while the site mentioned does generate random addresses, they are not actually realistic: using them as an input to geocoder does not produce valid results.  Any other pointers?

Val, 

In our GeoCoder product, it only includes the sample data for Geocoding, if you want to generate some actually realistic address, I suggest you to use the FanniaMea data as your data source to generate the actually realistic addresses. If you want us to help you generate the actually realistic addresses through FanniaMea data please contact ThinkGeo Support. 

If you have any questions please let me know, 

Thanks, 

Scott,