ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Sample using Virtual Earth as Background

I am looking for a Silverlight sample with Virtual Earth or Bing Map as the background with a Shapefile layer over top.

Kevin,

Sorry, we don’t support VirtualEarth as background for client rendering. But we have server side rendering supports. We have several spatial extensions such as Fdo, Flee Boolean, VirtualEarth, etc. But currently, we didn't integrate them in our Silverlight Edition; I’m sure we’ll integrate them in our next release.

On the other hand, the extensions are compatible to all of our products; so you can also reference the extensions from Service, Web or Desktop Edition. Please see the code below.

Code for Silverlight Side.Map1.MapUnit = GeographyUnit.DecimalDegree;
Map1.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(-135.7, 83.6, 113.5, -53);

ServerLayerOverlay serverLayerOverlay = new ServerLayerOverlay("NativeServer", "SilverlightMapConnector1");
Map1.Overlays.Add(serverLayerOverlay);
Map1.Refresh();

Code for Web Side.string accountId = "138586";
string password = "ThinkGeo1@";
string clientIpAddress = "66.249.71.13";
string cacheDirectory = @"c:\temp\";
VirtualEarthLayer veLayer = new VirtualEarthLayer(accountId, password, clientIpAddress, cacheDirectory);
ServerLayerOverlay veOverlay = new ServerLayerOverlay("VEOverlay");
veOverlay.Layers.Add(veLayer);
SilverlightMapConnector1.ServerLayerOverlays.Add(veOverlay);

Please have a try and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Howard

When do you plan to release Map Silverlight with VirtualEarthLayer? In addition,  Previoiusly version, I was using Pictometry via GdiPlusRasterLayer layer, what would be the suggested way for SilverLight?

Thanks

Hi, ttd 

Sorry for that. We don’t support VirtualEarthLayer for client rendering. But just as Howard has said that we only support server rendering currently. Also for the GdiPlusRasterLayer. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks, 
 Khalil