I've just converted over to the GeoSerializer classes and am having some troubles with some objects serializing to file.
I've been attempting to serialize Overlays in their entirity and when I do this, I get an ArgumentException error like the following:
"Invalid name character in 'pBM='. The '=' character, hexadecimal value 0x3D, cannot be included in a name."
I've also gone down a level to serialize ShapeFileFeatureLayers and this works for some shapes and not others. The errors there are similar:
"Invalid name character in 'e0W='. The '=' character, hexadecimal value 0x3D, cannot be included in a name."
What is this error caused by?
Here is a stack trace from an Overlay layer.
at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.CheckNCName(String ncname)
at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteStartElement(String prefix, String localName, String ns)
at System.Xml.XmlWriter.WriteElementString(String localName, String ns, String value)
at System.Xml.XmlWriter.WriteElementString(String localName, String value)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.XmlGeoSerializationFormatter.fy8=(GeoObjectNode gC8=, XmlWriter gS8=)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.XmlGeoSerializationFormatter.fy8=(GeoObjectNode gC8=, XmlWriter gS8=)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.XmlGeoSerializationFormatter.fy8=(GeoObjectNode gC8=, XmlWriter gS8=)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.XmlGeoSerializationFormatter.SaveCore(GeoObjectModel model, Stream stream)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.GeoSerializationFormatter.Save(GeoObjectModel model, Stream stream)
at ThinkGeo.MapSuite.Core.GeoSerializer.Serialize(Object serializationObject, Stream stream)
at EMU.SerializationFunctions.WriteSerializedOverlay(FileStream output, String version, Overlay overlay, String overlayName) in C:\Users\dhite\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\EMU\EMU\Serializers\SerializationFunctions.cs:line 299Error Writing to File in Overlay Layer: RxSpatialQueryResultOverlay
Thanks for your post. Our GeoSerializer is a new class and we are keeping enhancement it.
Your information is very important for us.
Sorry I haven’t succeed to reproduce your problem local, could you create a really simple project for reproduce this and we can quickly fix this for you.
When loading in 5.5.63.0, I get a build error on the WinformsMap component. Below is a screen shot.
Additionally, although I am now able to save most of my files, I can not load them successfully. Please advice as to what further information you need on this. I would imagine the same test program I sent earlier would suffice if you add a load button and deserialize code.
I note that when I can't save a file it is because I have loaded a shapefile with a projection other than the internal projection and have used the Proj4Projection method to convert it to the internal.