ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

ServerLayerOverlays - guidance needed

Hi Guys

Some general advice required I think......

We have a Silverlight app which utilises a low resolution world coastline map (approx 2Mb shp file) together with a number of other overlays created from tiny shp files which must be displayed behind the world map.  These are all deployed to the client which has the ability to toggle the visibility of the layers.

We would like to use a higher resolution coastline map +80Mb in size as a server overlay but still with the ability to choose which other layers are visible.  It looks as if only one serveroverlay can be added to the Overlays collection and although it can host multiple layers how would we get to change the visibility of those layers?

Any general advice / guidance much appreciated.

Rgds

Graeme

Graeme, 

In the next release, we allow user to add multiple serveroverlays on the map. I think that’s the easiest and best way. Or another way is to build up a WmsServer with several styles, each style maintains a layer. That might be another choice, but kind of complicated. 

Tomorrow, we will send you the temporary version with the fix of the issue you posted just now. 

If you have any queries please let me know. 

Thanks, 
 Howard