ThinkGeo.com    |     Documentation    |     Premium Support

Setting CurrentExtent

Hello,

I've found something I don't really understand :

When I don't set Width and Height in the Silverlight MapControl, then I get a NullReferenceException while calling map.Refresh() method.

Actually, the map.CurrentExtent property is null, and I cannot set it to any value. When I make map.CurrentExtent = new RectangleShape(471561, 305539, 858543, 51620); then the CurrentExtent is still null, and I get no message.

This behavior looks a bit strange, isn't it ?

Guillaume.

Hi Guillaume, 

I see what you what to do is ignoring setting the width and height of the map and allow it to inherit its parent’s width and height. Unfortunately, we don’t support it currently. Because we need calculate the some critical properties from the width and height. So please set it by now. The auto resize feature can be implemented by the SizeChanged event on the map and modify it on the runtime. You might notice our installed sample is always following its parent’s width and height. This issue is in our issue list and we’ll enhance it when we complete our higher priority tasks. 

Hope it makes sense and let me know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 
 Howard

Dear Howard,

I hope this is also in  WebEdition 3.0  also..  Is there any fix now?

Thanks

Raja

Raja, 

In WebEdition 3.0, if user don’t provide width and height of map, we will set the default width and height to 640px and 480px separately. If you still have problem on it, please provide more information on it.  

Thanks, 

Johnny